April 5, 2022 Your Friends Are Not Customers | The Ambition Show | Episode 10
Stop asking your family and friends to buy all your products!
You may have thousands of friends on Facebook and followers on Instagram or Twitter, but that doesn’t mean all of them will be your customers. The truth of the matter is that not all of your friends or family will be your customers and they shouldn’t be.
Let's take a deep dive into how to identify your ideal customers and stop pestering your friends and family for business.
How to identify your Target Audience and Connect with Them
The pool of consumers that you bring value to and are more likely to purchase from you are your Target Audience. The more you know about them, the more opportunities you will have to grow your business, have long term success, and most importantly build stronger relationships with your customers to generate more revenue that you can count on. But do you know who they are?
We will cover that in this episode!
Basics of Building a Network
- The more professionals you know in your industry the better position you will be in to learn about new products, changes in customer demands, and any trends impacting your industry. Most importantly you will have more opportunities to get a fresh dose of the life blood of most successful businesses, especially those in the service industries:
- Professional recommendations
The Importance of Getting the Word Out Consistently
- Share with your immediate contacts the value proposition that you offer based on the needs of the market
- Use what you learned from the market to present your value proposition
- Not assumptions and not opinions but facts
- They will be able to connect your VALUE and who they know that could use your products or services
BOOK OF THE EPISODE
“SUPER FANS” by PAT FLYNN
- Pat has been featured in The New York Times and Forbes Magazine for his accomplishments, and has recently been enjoying talking about his story and business strategies in front of large crowds at various conferences and events all around the world. His top-ranked business podcast, The Smart Passive Income Podcast, has earned over 25 million downloads and continues to inspire people as they work through their online business journey today. And Pat is a long time producer and champion of podcasting.
- It is extremely important to remember that there are people behind all that data, on the other side of the screens and apps. People who are looking to us to be informed, to give advice, and to care. They are looking for trustworthy tools and resources, and for someone to help them to achieve their goals. In this dog-eat-dog world, these are the people who are looking for someone who they can trust, and who they know have their best interests in mind. Pat’s book delves into how to develop relationships based on trust with a target audience.
- How to purchase the book
TAKE-A-WAYS - LEARN & ACT
- An easy and effective way to create a value proposition is to use Value Proposition Canvas
- A detailed visual that will help you craft the right marketing messages and sales materials from the very beginning.
- Free to download right here https://bit.ly/3qACWKp and use immediately
Episode cover: Photo by Ichad Windhiagiri: https://www.pexels.com/photo/two-women-playing-with-books-3989144/