How to Build a Powerful Network | The Ambition Show | Episode 11
As the old saying goes, "It's not what you know, it's who you know."
For centuries interest groups, fraternities, sororities, social clubs, professional organizations and more have focused on the importance of building relationships with people as early as possible in order to foster long-term, mutually beneficial relationships.
In this episode we will cover from top to bottom how to develop a successful professional network to get you where you want to go and build the career, the community, or even the Empire that you may want to create one day. The key here is all you have to do is follow through and be you.
For instance, have you ever heard of the PayPal Mafia? Well you should, and we discuss how to create your own
BOOK OF THE EPISODE
“HOW TO WIN FRIENDS AND INFLUENCE PEOPLE” by DALE CARNEGIE
Dale Carnegie’s four-part book contains advice on how to create success in business and personal lives, “How to Win Friends and Influence People,” ranks as the 11th highest selling non-fiction book on Amazon of all time.
- How to purchase the book. Right on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/3pvWbWg
The book is a tool used in Dale Carnegie Training and includes the following four parts:
- Fundamental Techniques in Handling People
- Six Ways to Make People Like You
- How to Win People to Your Way of Thinking
- Be a Leader – How to Change People Without Giving Offense or Arousing Resentment
Dale Carnegie’s fundamental techniques for influencing people include:
- Don’t criticize, condemn, or complain: Never criticize, condemn, or complain because it will never result in the behavior we desire.
- Give honest and sincere appreciation: Appreciation is one of the most powerful tools. Recognition, though, is not pure flattery. It must be genuine, meaningful, and with love.
- Arouse in the other person an eager want: To get what we want from another person, we must forget our own perspective and begin to see things from the point of view of others.
Dale Carnegie’s Six ways to make people like you include:
- Become genuinely interested in other people: The primary way to make quality, lasting friendships is to learn to be genuinely interested in them and their interests.
- Smile: Smiles have a fantastic ability to make others feel wonderful.
- Remember that a person’s name: We can make people feel extremely valued and important by remembering their names.
- Be a good listener: Many times, people don’t want an entertaining conversation partner; they want someone who will listen to them.
- Talk in terms of the other person’s interest: If we talk to people about what they are interested in, they will feel valued and value us in return.
- Make the other person feel important – and do it sincerely. The golden rule is to treat other people how we would like to be treated. Make people feel important, genuinely, and appreciatively.
- List to the top LinkedIn and Facebook Groups by industry [CLICK HERE]